Exotic and rare gemstones come from all over the world. We have traveled to the Tanzanite mine in Tanzania, shopped for Emeralds in Columbia and have worked alongside some of the most talented jewelry designers in New York. Check out our Top 10 Mothers’ Day gifts that Sparkle. Our take-away from all those trips made us experts and lovers of more than just diamonds.
Colored Gemstones are truly special and who doesn’t love a little bit of color! Do you remember Princess Diana’s Velvet Blue Sapphire Wedding Ring? Of course you do! Kate Middleton wears it. Stunning!
Today we venture into the vibrant world of colored gemstones. Generally when it comes to colorful gemstones, you can get a much larger, bold look which we love because unlike Diamonds where the price per carat will increase the larger you go, most precious and semi-precious stones will remain the same price per carat.
Top quality Tanzanite for example will run you about $900 per carat for that nice deep royal blue with flashes of violet. A 5 carat stone would be about 4.5K – a 10 carat stone will be about 9K. Diamonds are different. Take a 1 carat G Color, VS1 Clarity (Check out The Art of Buying Diamonds Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
Let’s say this 1 carat diamond ring costs 4K. Now let’s take a 2 carat G Color, VS1 Clarity (Same color and clarity as above) Would it cost twice as much? No!
Price per carat would have gone up to around 6K so that price would now be about 12K for the 2 carat. What does that mean? The larger you go in Diamonds, price per carat will go up, but wait.
The good news is, when it comes to color, you can afford to go larger!
Be Bold, Be Vibrant, Be Colorful and Shine Bright
Top 11 Colorful Mothers’ Day Gifts
- 14K White Gold Inside Out Sapphire and Diamond Round Hoops – (click image for more info)
- 14K Rose Gold Amethyst & White Sapphire Claw Prong Accent Cocktail Ring-(click image for more info)
- 14K Rose Gold Morganite and Diamond Double Halo Cocktail Ring – (click image for more info)
- 18K White Gold Petite Drop Oval Halo Ruby Earrings – (click image for more info)
- 14K Rose Gold Pink Freshwater Cultured Pearl and Diamond Trio Leaf Drop Earrings – (click image for more info)
- 14K Yellow Gold, Pink, Yellow and White Sapphire and Tsavorite Cluster Bar Necklace – (click image for more info)
- 18K White Gold Oval Halo Pink Sapphire and Diamond Ring – (click image for more info)
- 14K Yellow Gold Cushion Cut Madeira Citrine Checkerboard Leverback Earrings – (click image for more info)
- 14K Yellow Gold Multi Sapphire Double Row Ring – (click image for more info)
- 14K White Gold Emerald and Diamond Bracelet – (click image for more info)
And now for number 11. If your budget is a smidge over $1000, this was too good to not show you!
11. 18K White Gold Cushion Halo Fancy Yellow Diamond Ring – (click image fore more info)
And for fun, just toss in the matching earrings!
18K White Gold Cushion Halo Fancy Yellow Diamond Earrings – (click image for more info)
We hope you love our choices this year. It was fun picking them out but hard to decide at the same time. If you had something else in mind for your mom or even yourself this year, check out all of the Mothers’ Day Sales.
James Allen 25% off Fine Jewelry Sale – (click here fore more info)
Gabriel & Co Mothers’ Day Gifts – Free Circle of Life Pendant – Use code GIFTOFLIFE at checkout – (click here for more info)
Ritani – 25% off Ring Settings, Wedding Rings and 15% off select fine jewelry (click here for more info)